Friday, February 10, 2006

And the winner Tonight

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Lib Dems deliver blow to Labour

Just finished watching the Question Time on the leadership contest. I ran a points system for the contestants, awarding points for 'style' based on good points made and delivery and awarded points for winning a particular argument or good policy.

My personal points are:-

Ming, 2 political points and 8 points for style.
Chris, 2 political points and 4 points for style.
Simon, 1 political point and 5 points for style.

This is going to be a difficult one. For me between Chris and Ming. As you may know I have £20 riding on Chris yet am prepared to vote for Ming. In my book Ming has pulled level with Chris after being slightly behind.

Overall the party won tonight. I am still convinced that I am in the right party and am more determined to fight for it, regardless of who is leader. With such talent we really deserve to triumph as it appears we have in Dumfirmline.

That is the result tonight. Anyone who believes that we are a party in 'meltdown' has been sent a clear message.

It is an exciting time to be a Liberal Democrat.

No comments: