Sunday, January 29, 2006

Possible new Shanade Band

Alan Beddow: Shanade

Some of my many severals of readers may remember this post from October, no? well since the legendary gig in the Roebuck I have come across Shanade again a few times in various musical venues around the area. I learned that she was looking to get a band together and that I know her Mom from about 10 years ago when Kelly's in Leamington was the place to be for music.

I arranged a Jam session yesterday as I felt that this was a project worth putting some effort into to get started. I invited my good friend Neil (The sacked drummer) and Shanade and any musicians she managed to get hold of at her end. Initially it looked as though we may not have a Bass player, though Shanade managed to get hold of one, not sure where as they seem to be in short supply around here.

A very positive afternoon and I am convinced that a band will form from this. We managed to record a rough demo of a song that developed and after doing a rough master this morning it sounds really good. Shanade has a fantastic voice which will place any band she plays with right out there, coupled with competent musicians I have a very good feeling about this.

No comments: